Steven has been providing Estate Planning and Elder Law services for approximately 38 years. His focus has been “Asset Preservation” by the use of Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts such as Life Insurance Trusts, Qualified Personal Residence Trusts and Revocable Living Trusts among other estate planning tools. I provide a conservative and professional approach which analyzes his client’s objectives and considers the nature of his client’s assets and liabilities, and thereafter matches his client to the appropriate strategy for Asset Preservation and “Quality of Life” planning.
Steven graduated Alfred University completing a dual major in Business Administration and Economics in 1968 with a Bachelor of Arts Degree. Upon completion of college, he attended The John Marshall Law School in Chicago, Illinois and received a Doctor of Laws Degree in 1971; during law school he attended and completed the study of International Law at The Peace Palace, at The Hague Academy of International Law in Brussels, Belgium. He was accepted as a Judicial Clerk by The Hon. William O’Connor and completed a clerkship at the Ocean County Courthouse. Thereafter, he applied for and was accepted as an Assistant County Prosecutor. After 5 years in litigation, he entered private practice. He built a very active litigation and real estate practice; however, became more interested in Federal and State Estate Tax Planning and Elder Law. His practice is exclusively limited to Federal and New Jersey Estate Tax Planning, resulting in the elimination and/or reduction of taxation and Probate expenses.
Steven’s Affiliations & Memberships:
- Membership in the County Bar Association
- Membership in the American Bar Association (Chicago, Illinois)
- Membership in Federal Bar Association (Washington, D.C.)
- Membership in The National Association of Elder Law Attorneys
- Chamber of Commerce, respectively held office of Secretary; Treasurer; Vice-President and President
- Member of local Municipal Planning Board
- Member and Director of Municipal Boy’s Club.
- Member of National District Attorney’s Association.
- Arbitrator for the Passaic, Bergen and Rockland County Better Business Bureaus
- Pro-Bono Member and Panel Chair of Early Settlement Panel Passaic County Chancery Division, Superior Court of New Jersey.
His website is http://tartalaw.com/